Visual Basic 4.0 Help Needed

Started by
1 comment, last by Lynck 24 years, 5 months ago
Well it is possible to create games using VB 4.0. You'd have to get fairly creative with it though, placing hidden buttons behind bitmaps to create a MYST type of game. There are also other options, you could look for some type of Visual Basic 4.0 Wrapper for Direct X, or maybe a Visual Basic 4.0 Game Library. My suggestion is to upgrade to Visual Basic 5.0 because Direct X 7 now has native support for Visual Basic 5.0 & Up. After upgrading you could look at the samples that come with Direct X 7 and that will pretty much teach you what you need to know. Good luck

[This message has been edited by evaclear (edited October 29, 1999).]

Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.
Advertisement
Is it possible to make a computer game in Visual Basic 4.0? If it is can you tell me where I can get some Visual Basic 4.0 Game Turtorials and some sample code. Thank You
I think that depends alot on what type of game you want to create. For instance making a solitare, or dominos game in visual basic should not be all that difficult. The main difficulties come in to play when you want to do an action game either RPG or Arcade style then while it is possible you need to be very creative in your use of buttons and macros. If you want to make that type of a game I would learn C++. It is a better language for programing games, and is the industry standard, so its easier to get sample code, or help with a programming problem. Also it would probably take less time to learn C++ and write the game then to just write it in VB. Try to make a Tetris clone if you can. It is nice for a portfolio.

------------------
DESIGN FANATIC
David Abresch
abre1657@blue.univnorthco.edu

DESIGN FANATIC
David Abresch
abre1657@blue.univnorthco.edu

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement