Full Sail?

Started by
19 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 9 months ago
Hello all, I am looking into attending full sail this august and was wondering if any of you had any feed back on the place? Good or Bad its all good. Or do you think I should get more math under my belt and go to digipen?
Advertisement
Digipen is a great school. i went there last year for a summer workshop (i was in 8th grade, the 'shop was for Game Developing teaching the basics of game programming and developing). the campus is really cool. your right in the heart of Microsoft territory which is an absolutely awesome place (my cousin programs smart phones for MS, so i've been there to see their campus) so i would definitely reccomend Digipen, but i dont know much about Full Sail, but it is supposed to be good
Silence! I'm Psychoflexing...
I am currently a Full Sail student. I am in the Bachelors Completion Course. I graduated with an Associates Degree in April. Since they no longer offer the Associates, they offer a completion course for the AS guys to meet the requriments to get the Bachelors Degree.

Anyways, I love the school. In my opinion the instuctors are great, some really smart guys, the lab guys they have are good. The cirriculum. It by no means is easy. Most courses are crunched from what would be at a traditional university, a semeister or more, down into a one month course, some courses are two months. It is extremly hands on. Alot of coding, with the AS it was around 900 clock hours of Supervised programming. By that it means having a instuctor or a lab guy there to help studends out when they had questions or problems with there asignments, now with the Bachelors Program I'm not sure how many hours that is now. It is a very tough program, on average you do about 40hrs of week of class, and maybe 10 or more hrs of work a week out of class. More or less depending on what classes you are taking that month. When I graduated and looked back on the 14months I spend at Full Sail, I was amazed at how much I learned and what I know. I now in my free time when I'm done with my current course work or take a break from that stuff to code my own things, I work on two mods for PC games, with out some of the skills I learned from Full Sail, no way would I be able to have worked out some bugs or added some of the features I am adding or have added, in a short amount of time. If you look at my signature, assuming I set it up right :P there is a link to my personal website. On that site I give a run down on every programming course I took at Full Sail. Most of those courses were during the Associates Program and now have probably changed a bit on what they teach. Feel free to browse that part of my site to get my opinion of Full Sail.

Hope That helps ya out, and I'll prolly see you around Full Sail when you start :)
When a Man lies he murder''s some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men misscall there lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home? -Cliff Burton[My Site] [Jedi Academy Mod for JK2 and JK: Jedi Academy]
I can tell you that the tuition for Full Sail increases very often. Also, DigiPen seems to whore for Nintendo, which is right around there, if not right across the street.
yeah, Nintendo is right across the street. but so is Microsoft
Silence! I'm Psychoflexing...
Nintendo isn't just right across the street -- Digipen is in the same exact building as Nintendo Software Technologies (a US 1st party Nintendo developer).
I'm 2 months shy of graduating as the first bachelors class at Fullsail. I would definately vouche for Fullsail being a damn good place to learn game programming. If you're interested in my teams bachelors final project you can check out the link in my sig.
Not to mention it also is in the same building as a Nintendo warehouse...

I haven't really witnessed any whoring for Nintendo though... They pretty much just rent us the approximately half a building and leave us alone.
I'm learning, just like the best of us...Ok, now assume a spherical cow... :)
Are you sure it's the same building? It's definetly the same parking lot but they seem like seperate buildings to me. Then again, maybe I wasn't looking close enough. I just attend conferences there.
Anyone whos in the general DigiPen area (Seattle,WA), I wanna meet some local developers, please contact me at:

AIM: Wreakon
MSN/EMAIL: Wreakon@hotma...

Andrew
-------Homepage: http://www.pclx.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement