Duh, duh duh!

Started by
6 comments, last by Drevay 19 years, 9 months ago
Ok, many people write Duh at the end of there posts, not specificly on gamedev, but it is widely used I guess ... so question, where do think it came from, and what does it express exactly? I think it is cool, duh!
That Was Teh Evil ^^
Advertisement
It's not cool, it's just another term of random retarded AOL kid shit. So here, take a hint:

----------------(Inspired by Pouya)
Quote:Original post by Teh Evil
so question, where do think it came from, and what does it express exactly?

It expresses the fact that you recognize the person you're talking to is an idiot. I mean ... duh! [wink]

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

Picture a dumb looney tunes character trying to figure out the answer to a simple question. What does he respond with? "duh.....". Duh is a filler word like "hmm, uhh, ehh" that we use when thinking about what to say. Duh was simply taken and reversed into a sarcastic, derogatory word to describe a dimwitted person (with which this word has been associated with for years and years).
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"
lol, so I guess I am not one ... duh! :D

EDIT: replying to 23yrold3yrold...
That Was Teh Evil ^^
Quote:Original post by Sand_Hawk
It's not cool, it's just another term of random retarded AOL kid shit.

Pssh! "Duh" has been in usage since before the Internet, duh!
... duh!
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Duh is tolerable, but the more extreme forms grate my nerves so.

For example:

The rarely used "Uh-doyeee!" was morphed from "Uh-dUUUuuuh!" which came from "Duh!".

Or so I theorize.

Egads my back *stretches*
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement