Project suggestions

Started by
4 comments, last by Snikko 19 years, 9 months ago
I am looking for some suggestions for a fun AI programming project. I've done some AI programming in the past, a board game and a program to solve 8-piece puzzles. I'm also familiar with the basic concepts of neural nets and genetic algorithms. I am looking for any project that would be fun to do, and would help me learn the concepts of AI programming and reinforce my C++ skills. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Advertisement
i wonder if you could have two fighters fight against each other given certain criteria.

such as: Ryu versus Ken (Street Figher 2) Ryu must have a 90% accuracy hit rate without using any special moves. while Ken must only attack after Ryu lands on the ground (from a jump) and also perform a 2 to 3 hit combo using a hurricane kick.

that's not too far-fetched is it??

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

What exactly are you interested in ... any specific game, hobby, activity... maybe you can make an intelligent utility for one of them to aid a user into making better decesions.
God bless-Gryfang
I have been working on JT's Blocks, a yahoo board game. The problem is to find the maximum number of points. You can use a tree search. One programmer used a genetic algorythm. Since there isn't an opponent, all the normal chess programming concepts have to be modified.

Also there is very little information available on single player games, so i had to figure most of it out myself.
You could do the equivalent of JRobots. There's even a C++ Robots page to get you started.

ld
No Excuses
This might be a big project.. But I've had an idea for a long time about some interesting AI. Imagine 2 ai "bots" battling it out.. but instead of just running around shooting they would analyze the terrain and use it.. For instance a bot could perhaps walk with his back up to a wall strafing and when he would get to the corner he would peek out from it before turning it.. also for example if they saw each other they would either run for cover while shooting or drop on the ground and shoot from there.. instead of just running around like a headless chicken like in most games ;)

This is not thought of as a game but instead a simulator.. I realize this is probably a HUGE undertaking .. but as its just a suggestion I see no harm done ;) .. If you or someone else deside to try and make this then I would be happy to deliver models for it.. I'm a 3D artist and have been working with 3D for about 5 years or so ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement