• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Ogg Vorbis Issue

This topic is 4979 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am using openAL with ogg vorbis for the sound in my engine, I wrote all of the classes and they compile fine, but when I run the alOpen() method the program crashes. Here is the class:
bool COpenALManager::alOpen(std::string alFileName)
{
//Open music file
	if(!(oggFile = fopen(alFileName.c_str(), "rb")))
		return false;

//Open stream
ov_open(oggFile, &oggStream, NULL, 0);

//Based on the number of channels the file has, format it accordingly
//to either mono (1) or stereo (2+)

if(vorbisInfo->channels == 1)
	format = AL_FORMAT_MONO16;
	else
	format = AL_FORMAT_STEREO16;

//Set basic values for openAL
    alGenBuffers(2, buffers);
	alGenSources(1, &source);
	*/
return true;
}
I call the method in main.cpp like so:
	COpenALManager openalManager;
	openalManager.alOpen("test.ogg");
Thank you for any help :)

Advertisement
Are you using Visual C++ ?

There are some problems of using OggVorbis with Visual C++. You have to do static linking to all OggVorbis lib files.

Ok... You didn't say which line it crashed on. However, I'll take a quick stab at this (since I have been playing around with ogg's lately -theora and vorbis)...

Make sure you zeroize your oggStream structure first... The ogg lib doesn't usually do that for you. Also, where do you get vorbisInfo from? Is it a valid pointer?

It crashes on the ov_open line.

For some reason the vorbisInfo was not copy/pasted, but it is in there right after ov_open as such:

vorbisInfo = ov_info(&oggStream, -1);

Also, what do you mean by:

Make sure you zeroize your oggStream structure first

As for compiler, I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 2003, I have my libraries set-up like so:

#pragma comment(lib, "ogg_static.lib" )
#pragma comment(lib, "vorbisfile.lib" )

And then included in the Linker, what else do I need?

Thanks

Quote:
Original post by brcolow
As for compiler, I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 2003, I have my libraries set-up like so:

#pragma comment(lib, "ogg_static.lib" )
#pragma comment(lib, "vorbisfile.lib" )

And then included in the Linker, what else do I need?

Thanks

I did it like this:

#ifdef _DEBUG
#pragma comment( lib, "vorbisfile_static_d.lib" )
#pragma comment( lib, "vorbis_static_d.lib" )
#pragma comment( lib, "ogg_static_d.lib" )
#else
#pragma comment( lib, "vorbisfile_static.lib" )
#pragma comment( lib, "vorbis_static.lib" )
#pragma comment( lib, "ogg_static.lib" )
#endif

I also set it to Multi-threaded, I don't remember why. This is an old project. You might want to try it.

I did that, and now it runs without crashing but I get 23 warnings:

Linking...
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(vorbisfile.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(window.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(synthesis.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(smallft.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(sharedbook.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(res0.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(registry.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(psy.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(mdct.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(mapping0.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(lsp.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(lpc.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(info.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(floor1.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(floor0.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(envelope.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(codebook.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(block.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(bitrate.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
vorbisfile_static_d.lib(analysis.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\vorbisfile_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
ogg_static_d.lib(bitwise.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\ogg_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
ogg_static_d.lib(framing.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc60.pdb' was not found with 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1\lib\ogg_static_d.lib' or at 'c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\vc60.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\OninWars\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
OninWars - 0 error(s), 23 warning(s)

Any idea what that is about?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement