I am new at gamemaking can someone explain it

Started by
14 comments, last by Woodsman 19 years, 9 months ago
you know... i dug up that guys post, maybe it will make you depressed also.. OR maybe we will find out he WAS lying? i dunno, he must be some kind of freak..

heres the link to his post

now heres his website

so what do you think ?

EDIT: looking back at his website, this has got to be some kind of freak of nature or liar. honestly, just look at his website .. a 3d turn based RPG? a 3d "marble drop game". a 3d flight shooter, plus he seems to have some sort of 3d engine already completed with shaddows and such. i just dont get it. i thought i was doing good, only been programming 8 months, and im working on a 2d RPG.. so, what gives?

[Edited by - graveyard filla on July 6, 2004 3:14:32 PM]
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
Advertisement
read this, then read it 20 times more:
http://www.lupinegames.com/articles/path_to_dev.html
HOW DO I MAKE GAMES?READ THIS:http://www.lupinegames.com/articles/path_to_dev.html
Thanks Everyone.
Quote:Original post by Toadhead
but who is crazy enough to spend so many hours aday on C++ :P

Me...I happen to like this "stuff."
Quote:Original post by graveyard filla
EDIT: looking back at his website, this has got to be some kind of freak of nature or liar. honestly, just look at his website .. a 3d turn based RPG? a 3d "marble drop game". a 3d flight shooter, plus he seems to have some sort of 3d engine already completed with shaddows and such. i just dont get it. i thought i was doing good, only been programming 8 months, and im working on a 2d RPG.. so, what gives?

...or maybe he spends day in and day out on making games. And maybe he doesn't crawl, but rather just learns to walk in the first place...
Quote:Original post by DIRECTXMEN
Quote:Original post by graveyard filla

...or maybe he spends day in and day out on making games. And maybe he doesn't crawl, but rather just learns to walk in the first place...

I don't know. I haven't seen his code but even long after 7 months many people just copy and paste code off of the 'net. Even if this isn't the case plenty of people are idle on forums (such as these) as opposed to studying and applying and then wonder why nothing gets done.
If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; so a man.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement