Still a dxtex problem!!!

Started by
13 comments, last by __Daedalus__ 19 years, 9 months ago
I got a new computer yesterday and I still have that darn error message: Unable to create Direct3d device please make sure that your desktop color depth is 32 or 16 bit. But my color depth is already 32 and then I tried 16 and I got the same message!!! Someone HELP!!!!!
Advertisement
Post your code
www.tmreality.com
There is no code it's just when I click to open the DxTex tool i get that error. If anyone has experienced this problem and managed to fix it please help!!! I need help ASAP!!
say please
okay, please help ASAP. Happy?
I'm really stuck here, I got all the new drivers for my graphics card (Nvidia GeForce FX 5200) and I still have this problem.
I had this same problem once. I think that DxTex produces this problem if you use the the pre-Summer 2003 version of the DX9 drivers. Try reinstalling the whole SDK and DX drivers with the Summer 2003 Update SDK and drivers.
The DX Texture Tool requires the reference rasterizer, which is installed with the SDK if you choose DEBUG runtimes. If you install regular retail DX, or the SDK with retail runtimes only, you cannot run this tool.
Well I changed it to a debug runtime and components but it does the same thing. I'm gonna try the summer 2003 updates
in dxsdk there is .reg file that enables reference rasterizer when added to the registry. Just use it...
www.tmreality.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement