havok 2.0

Started by
5 comments, last by Palidine 19 years, 9 months ago
how much does havok cost? can't find the cost anywhere
Advertisement
If they haven't got cost at their website probalby they only tell it their potential customers personally...

BTW: In case you don't know that - there are free physics engines unlike expensive Havok:
Newton
ODE
Tokamak
www.tmreality.com
Havok.

How about contacting the marketing guys at Havok? They can probably tell you...

'If you have to ask for the price...' [wow] I'll wager rather a lot, since games like HL2 etc. use it, so it's quite popular.
How do I set my laser printer on stun?
Why do you want to use havok specifically ?
You should look into Ode or Tokamak, as Wildfire. They are free and very powerful !

Chman
- Artist on the web -- Lwjgl Ressources & blog -
Havok licenses, last time I saw them advertised, ran $50k to $500k.

ld
No Excuses
crap, that sucks, it would have been nice if I could have used it for detachable limbs, anyone know an engine that does that?
yeah you just have your model broken up into seperate meshes or have components driven by a skeleton (bones). (you need it that way for havok as well) when you want a limb to detach you'll need to actually break up the model into 2 seperate components, or better yet, have a damaged version of the mesh in which the arm is detached. you'll most likely need seperate models anyway b/c there will be extra polys for the now torn shoulder and the arm side of the same wound. you'll also need to have some kind of rudimentary physics engine set up on your end. after swapping to the damaged state mesh, treat each component as a seperate object and just let it's collision properties take over and drive the update of the model (elasticity, mass, etc).

-me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement