breeding gods

Started by
23 comments, last by knowledge 19 years, 8 months ago
hi all. i am working on a new project. The reason I have started this project is to expand on one concept... What if you make the player a god? Thus, "Juno" is born. Juno is the name of a robot players will be playing in this game. humanoid, strong, etc. etc. However, as i said... i want the player to think Juno is a god. being, he can do amounts of damage to his surrounding environment that are staggering to no end. Here are some of the things Juno would be able to do... - Juno is able to pick up enemies. If he throws them, he could throw them so hard that they would tear chunks out of the walls, ceiling, and floor. - Pick up a tank 5 times his size, and smash it into the ground.. - Wade through pools of lava without suffering damage. The list goes on... but that's where you come in. Think about it. What have you always wanted to do in a fighting/shooting game? Fly? Climb on walls? Destroy bosses the size of the screen? If you want it, post it here. Maybe we'll make it a little competition... to see who has the craziest ideas.. Here, the sky really is the limit. Any laws of physics, especially gravity, are to be broken. Well, get to it then. Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Quote:Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
Advertisement

'Black and White' - You had to protect your flock or lose influence.

'Boulders Gate' - You gradually discover your a demi-god.

Both had to put limits and constrictions on what the player could do to maintain interest. Its no fun being Q :).

Jay
it sounds like the player is too powerful and unrealistic. It is easier and funner to play a character that you can relate to, not some unbeatable super-powerful god.
I don't think the previous two post realized the jist of your request. I think you are just having a contest for eyecandy scenes of a god being bad ass. In that regard here is my idea.

As Mountain Dew became more annoyed, the blood boiled in his veins. Mountain Dew's final act was to swallow the enemy city whole, only to choke on one of the sky scrapers.
[s]I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.[/s]I am a signature anti-virus. Please use me to remove your signature virus.
Quote:Original post by Jason Zelos
Its no fun being Q :)

Except for that episode where Q got fired and became human..
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"
remember that the trick to making your player a Uber-Badass, you need a really good antagonist to make the balance. I mean, how cool is your robot, and then, woah, that badguy just picked up a building and hit you with it.
william bubel
I always wanted the power to have folks spring whole from my head, like zeus

ld
No Excuses
Quote:Original post by Inmate2993
remember that the trick to making your player a Uber-Badass, you need a really good antagonist to make the balance. I mean, how cool is your robot, and then, woah, that badguy just picked up a building and hit you with it.

yup. you and thermodynamics know what im getting at.

yes. this will not be a hack and slash game.. enemies will not be able to cause you very much damage, but they can take a lot themselves. Physical damamge is about the only way to effectively injure or destry an opponent. At the same time, weapons will be available for players that do wish to shoot stuff instead.

Heh, yes. I like this 'throwing of buildings' idea. And then you would see the player, Juno, get back up and shake off dust from said building.

I really dont want the game to play like megaman... this will be equally a fighter as to a shoot-em-up
Quote:it sounds like the player is too powerful and unrealistic. It is easier and funner to play a character that you can relate to, not some unbeatable super-powerful god.

It's a good thing you posted anonymously because that kind of blasphemy can get you shot.

If the game is properly constructed, it doesn't matter what kind of "powers" or illusions of power the player has. It is also important to remember that megalomania is a word for a reason. Humans like to have dillusions of grandeur.

So he wants to make a game where you throw mortals through walls and smash tanks like kittens. It just means that the trails will have to scale up to meet the player's power. There doesn't have to be an antagonist character, either: Environmental hazards, natural disasters, and strange personal goals can be interjected to provide the player with something to fight for.

. . . .

In this game, I would love to tear down telephone poles and use them as clubs. Play golf with cars instead of balls, plow through doors or large windows. . . . rampant vandalism would be fun.

-----------------"Building a game is the fine art of crafting an elegant, sophisticated machine and then carefully calculating exactly how to throw explosive, tar-covered wrenches into the machine to botch-up the works."http://www.ishpeck.net/

In this game, I would love to tear down telephone poles and use them as clubs. Play golf with cars instead of balls, plow through doors or large windows. . . . rampant vandalism would be fun.

oh yes. it would indeed.
i know you are probably mentally picturing scenarios, feel free to write them too.

For instance...

I see juno and the last human survivors fleeing a military outpost. A shot from the enemy plummets the ship down into the center of an empty city. The haze from smoke and snow blur the outline of the hovercraft. Juno and perhaps a few others survive the impact, now faced with the mission of returning to the base, and holding off hostiles until friendly forces can arrive.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement