Sign in to follow this  
dacypher

nOOb ascii ?s

Quote:
Original post by dacypher
Hmmm, I feel really dumb asking this, but is there an ascii chart around here somewhere, as I do not remember how to type ascii. Thanks!

here you go

http://www.asciitable.com/

enjoy. :)

Thank you for the chart, but I don't actually know how to type it. My book doesn't tell me how to print it. I feel SOOO stupid asking this. I really do know my way around a computer, I promise you. lol

Thank you! I thought it was Ctrl or Ctrl + Alt. The one I was trying to get was not on the ascii list. It is used in this basic "Hello world" text.

std::cout<< "Hello World" <<std::end

It would be used right after end. It is like a „§, only the little side-part would be at the top. Hmmm, is this supposed to be in the IDE? Thanks!

Quote:
Original post by ApochPiQ
std::endl usually evaluates to \n or \r\n, which is ASCII 10 or 13 and 10, respectively.

It evaluates to '\n'. It is only in some operating systems' "text-mode" files, that '\n' is encoded as '\r\n'.

Might just be a matter of semantics, but std::endl evaluates at run-time to different values depending on the context. In some contexts it has the value \n, and in others, \r\n. The actual value depends on the implementation of the stream. \n and \r\n do not have the same meaning, and I don't think that saying \n is "encoded" as \r\n really makes any sense. \n is a linefeed, \r\n is a carriage return/linefeed - one has extra information (or instructions if you want to think of it that way).

Again, it may just be a matter of semantics and terminology.