Dev C++

Started by
30 comments, last by Plopfish 19 years, 9 months ago
Dev-C++ is not a compiler. It is an IDE that uses GCC as it's compiler.

Either way, I found MinGW Developer Studio to be better in every way. (Most notably, it doesn't crash randomly.)
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Advertisement
hey thanx for the help (i'm the one with the coda with comments in Spanish). However, there's still an error u_u related with directdraw, here it is:

[Build Error] [ddraw.o] Error 255

what in the world is an error 255?? oh, looks like it's a syntax error, but I don't really know XD I'll really appreaciate your help, the code is the same I posted the last time
A good function for that I've seen is getch(); from conio.h . It waits until it gets input from the keyboard before doing anything else. It works really well for the problem you're having.

If you want it more complex, you could put the whole program in a while(1) loop you could have something like this:

char exit;exit = cin.get();if(exit){return(0);}
Can i use Dev-C++ to develop commercial software, i.e, to sell it from the internet?
Yup, you can. Nothing prohibits you license wise.
Thanks man!
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
hey thanx for the help (i'm the one with the coda with comments in Spanish). However, there's still an error u_u related with directdraw, here it is:

[Build Error] [ddraw.o] Error 255

what in the world is an error 255?? oh, looks like it's a syntax error, but I don't really know XD I'll really appreaciate your help, the code is the same I posted the last time

please help me
To the Anonymous Poster: I'm not trying to be mean, but you really should not post your questions in someone elses thread. It is basically equivalent to interrupting them. I'd help you out with your problem if I could, but I don't use Dev-C++ at the moment.
^^U lol your right Minion, heh, I don't have any mean intentions either, but since I am not a member, I can't post a new thread, and since this one's title is Dev-C++ it was as close as i could get, but, considering this, i might as well become a member and post my thread...ok
Quote:Original post by Raloth
Dev-C++ is not a compiler. It is an IDE that uses GCC as it's compiler.

Either way, I found MinGW Developer Studio to be better in every way. (Most notably, it doesn't crash randomly.)

I can't comment about MinGW Developer Studio as I haven't tried it (though I may just try it since I read several recommendation for it). As for Dev-C++ I've never had a problem with it crashing randomly. What OS are you using it on?
Patrick

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement