• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ParanoiaComplex

Instant program crash?

This topic is 5100 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I try to call my g_pDDSBack surface (my back buffer), my program crashes entirely. What gives? I call it right before in another function, and it works perfectly.
Quote:
hRet = g_pDDSBack->BltFast(xPos, yPos, g_pDDSOne, &rcRect, DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY);
And yes, those are all valid values being passed. I checked. Believe me, I checked.

Advertisement
Try as an additional parameter DDBLTFAST_WAIT and, if you havent done this already ;) check with if(Function == DDERR_...) whats going on!

I've had errors like that. The first time i had one because i didn't zero out the d3d present parameters struct. I don't know why its doing it for you hope you figure it out.

Ever since I tried to put my program into many files, this didn't work.

I can write to the backbuffer in other files, but as soon as I try to access it within my cObject class, it fails.

And I'm using DX7 and directdraw, so I have no idea what you are talking about when you say present parameters :P

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!