Tower - a quick little game I just made

Started by
7 comments, last by ghost007 19 years, 9 months ago
I was playing around with ODE last night, and almost by accident, I ended up with a fun little game. So, I put in a quick menu and UI, and threw it up on my site for you guys to see, too :) Basically, it's this in 3D - you start with a tower of bricks, and remove them one by one until it falls over. Try not to be the one who knocks it over. Screenshots: Bigger screenshots are in my image gallery Note that your FPS will be pretty low, as I had to turn the physics detail up quite a bit to get the tower stable, and it's not perfect even now. ODE doesn't seem to like stacking boxes very much. If anyone has any tips, feel free to share them [grin] Anyway, give it a try: Download (1.41mb).
Advertisement
Pretty cool stuff. It would have been nice to control the blocks with the use of the mouse though. Then you could also pull them out faster and have less of a slide effect. Other than that, nicely done.
When I run your game I recived an error that said I haven't got MSVCP70.DLL :(. Can you fix it. It seems your program needs VC++ 7 installed on computer but maybe you only need Windows newer then 98 (?).
Damnit, I really have to start packaging that DLL with everything I distribute ;(

Try here. There may be another one it asks for as well, I don't know. Please tell me if there is :)
There is another DLL it needs. Forget the name but I just googled for it and grabbed it. I managed to get the tower into a state where all it was doing was waiting to stabilize. I left it going for a couple of minutes and it still didn't manage.
I found out I don't need only MSVCP70.dll but MSVCR70.dll. I downloaded the second and then all was running fine. Game is good but this "waiting to stabilize" ...
Perhaps I have the sensitivity up too high. I'll take a look at it.
Quote:Original post by Bieh
Damnit, I really have to start packaging that DLL with everything I distribute ;(

Try here. There may be another one it asks for as well, I don't know. Please tell me if there is :)

I'm not familiar with .NET runtime libraries but
I assume that you could link into your programs these libraries,
I mean the executable may be bigger in size but I would not need these DLLs, isn't that right?
These DLLs are linked to MFC based applications. If you statically link them rather than (default) dynamically linking them, you'll eliminate the need for the two files. You'll also have a smaller package size because the .NET linker can be set to only link what it uses, rather than copying over the whole library. In the end, the single .exe size will be much smaller than distributing both DLL files.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement