How to convert an image file to .BIN

Started by
3 comments, last by T2k 19 years, 9 months ago
Hi all How would I go about writing a piece of code in C++ that converts a simple image file into a .BIN binary file. I have already written the code to load a picture file now all I need is some ideas about how to write the conversion algorithm. Are there any tutorials on the internet somewhere? Thanks, Steve-B
Advertisement
the question is: what is BIN ? is it a format you have invented? or is it some raw format or one you can find here ?
if you know the format and how it stores the image, all you have todo is to convert it [totally]...

T2k
LOL. No I didn't invent it, it's been around for years.

By BIN I mean a raw binary file. :P
As T2k said, just read up on the file format ( RAW is stupidly simple ), and convert it! ;)
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
ok raw then (you know .bin can also stand for anything...), with a quicksearch on wotsit.org (the link on my previous post) for raw you can find this in the (unofficial) description for the raw format: "Basically, It's a raw format. There is no predefined format, ...". i also remember that falcon4.0 used some sort of raw format, they stored the image line by line with each pixel as 24bit (rgb) and that was it. to load the image in photoshop you had to specify how it was stored...

You see? there is nothing to convert, just dump the imagedata to a file.

T2k

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement