looking for cheap modelling software

Started by
12 comments, last by WSippel 19 years, 9 months ago
Grrr, why can't this thread just stay on the front page?

Here, follow the link to a huge listing of software, categorized by price, and with links to their webpage.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=202348

*EDIT* ... I didn't follow Pipo DeClown's link before (which also goes to my page). I just wanted to say "Thank you, Pipo!"

[Edited by - Veovis on July 7, 2004 8:54:17 PM]
Advertisement
I suggest 3D Canvas. Goto Amabilis.com. there are 3 packages, free, plus=$35 and pro=$70. I love it and dopes great with Direct 3D bacause it even uses it during the modeling process.
MilkShape 3D is pretty good. Now it is up to version 1.7.1.

[Edited by - Sypher on July 12, 2004 7:53:03 PM]
"Would you, could you, eat them on rugs? Would you, could you, eat them on drugs?"-Sypher
My vote goes for Wings3D. Blender is nice and all, but Wings3D has IMHO way better modelling tools. It's pretty much like Izware's software, Nendo and Mirai, which are considered the best SubD modellers ever (OK, I prefer XSI, but that's above your budget).

But you should try whatever you can get ahold, not only are 3D apps of very different quality and have different strength (like Maya's bad SubD's, or XSI's weak NURB tools) and _very_ different user interfaces - so, what's good for others may be crap for you!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement