Sign in to follow this  
bioagentX

Javascript help

I'm creating a website for a friend at this site. Now as you can see the site is far from finished, but my attention is currently focused on the navigation bar on the left. I'm trying to make it so that the link color changes not when the cursor rolls over the link, but if the cursor rolls over anywhere in the entire table cell. Currently the table cell just changes to the color orange, but I want the link color text inside of it to change to yellow. I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how I would go about doing this, I've been going at it for like 2 hrs now. Any help is appreciated, --BioX

Surround your text with named span elements and then change 'document.<itemname>.style'

You could accomplish what you're trying to acheive a lot more easily by using CSS and implementing the :hover method in the style.

eg:

#menuitem { background-color: #fff; color: #000; }
#menuitem:hover { background-color: #000; color: #fff; }

Then with in your table element <td class="menuitem">My text</td>

I do this on my site with not a ling of javascript.

That doesn't seem to work. Are you sure you told me what I needed to know? In general can you use style sheets to make default event handlers (i.e something like mystyle:onMouseOver{color: red;})?

--BioX