Sign in to follow this  
BrianMJC

MSVC++ .NET 2003 -- Link Problem, What To Do?

BrianMJC    152
Hi all, I just setup MSVC++ .NET 2003 on my system. I get the following link error when I build/rebuild my project or sulution: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libci.lib' The project worked before on MSVC++ 6.0. I browsed the lib folder and noticed that no such file exists, although there are similarly named files such as libcp.lib. I appreciate any suggestions, thanks. :)

Arild Fines    968
IIRC, this can happen if you use some of the pre-standard headers. Get rid of stuff like <iostream.h>, <fstream.h> etc and replace them with their h-less replacements.

BrianMJC    152
Arild Fines -- Thanks for the suggestion, but I already use the .h-less headers. Although, I am using DirectX 8 headers with DirectX 8 libs but with a compiler that may be (?) expecting DirectX 9? I'll experiment when I get a chance this weekend. Thanks again. :)

BrianMJC    152
VolkerG -- I don't use any 3rd party libraries (yet). And yes, I did rebuild from scratch. But thanks anyway. :)

Ranor -- I tried your suggestion, and it linked without errors, thanks much. :)

I wonder, though, what that library does, and if this solution will cause future problems that go undetected? Anybody know what libci.lib does, exactly?