Sign in to follow this  
Promit

How to do D3D-style multiple vertex stream tweening?

Promit    13246
This is basically 2 questions: 1) Is it possible to do D3D style vertex tweening across multiple vertex streams in the fixed function TnL, without using a vertex shader? If yes, how? 2) How would I do it in a vertex shader?

_the_phantom_    11250
in a vertex shader I guess it would just be a case of binding one stream to one input, the other to another, giving it a time in a float and working out the position the resulting vertex would be in

Promit    13246
Quote:
Original post by _the_phantom_
I guess it would just be a case of binding one stream to one input, the other to another

Right, same as D3D. Just one little detail -- how do I do this in OpenGL?

Ademan555    361
AH, never though of that, i always hear fragment program... so that never crossed my mind... :-/ while im busy asking about simple stuff, whats CVA something vertex array, compiled?
-Dan

_the_phantom_    11250
yes, CVA = Compiled Vertex Array, basicaly an extension which lets you 'lock' a VA which tells the driver it can cache the infomation if it wants coz it wont be changing until you unlock it.

Promit, as to how you bind multiple streams, well it depends on how you do it, ARB_vertex_blend is one way and how its done with a Vertex Program is API specific so you'd have to look up how to pass per vertex attributes to your API of choice [smile]

Promit    13246
CVA = compiled vertex array
VBO = vertex buffer object

any other silly acronym questions that IRC would've answered in five seconds? [wink]

Anyway...how does one bind multiple streams in GL?

Ademan555    361
IRC is down :-( (or at least for me and several other people) and i knew what VBOs are because i said i was implementing them :-D, but while were at it, wouldnt you not only need multiple streams, but multiple matrices for each stream?
-Dan