estimated price of visual c# express ?

Started by
4 comments, last by quasar3d 19 years, 9 months ago
You can download the beta of this at http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/ for free , but its (offcourse) timed to stop functioning in march 2005 . This ide is more geared towards new programmers , so it could be very appealing to use . Its not as feature "overloaded" as Visual C# standard , wich makes it easier for beginners . It's a bit like sharpdevelop . Its comparable to Office vs Works what features/edition goes . Now , since Microsoft is selling Visual C# standard for about 125€ here in Belgium , how much will Microsoft ask for the express edition ? Does anyome know ? It would be a rip-off if they ask more than 75€ ...
Advertisement
I read somewhere that they would distribute it with books, like the old MSVC++ 6 Student Edition was. This must mean the stand alone version would be very cheap considering a decent book costs between 40$ and 50$.
Yeah you could be rigt :)
Yay :)
In fact , i guess it's microsofts answer to
sharpdevelop (c#) & devcpp (c++) , wich both are
decent alternatives and , best of all , free .
I've heard figures ranging from USD 20 to USD 50. Just rumors, tho.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
I'm more excited about Visual C++ Express.
daerid@gmail.com
Quote:Original post by Drath
I read somewhere that they would distribute it with books, like the old MSVC++ 6 Student Edition was. This must mean the stand alone version would be very cheap considering a decent book costs between 40$ and 50$.

I have the visaul c++ .net deluxe learning edition, which is the standard edition with a book, but it was cheaper than the standard edition alone. I am also able to sell programs I made with it. The only thing is that I can't buy updates to newer versions, if they were ever going to sell updates (which they have never done so far). If I want a newer version, I will have to buy the complete thing again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement