• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
betabyte

estimated price of visual c# express ?

This topic is 5123 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

You can download the beta of this at http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/ for free , but its (offcourse) timed to stop functioning in march 2005 . This ide is more geared towards new programmers , so it could be very appealing to use . Its not as feature "overloaded" as Visual C# standard , wich makes it easier for beginners . It's a bit like sharpdevelop . Its comparable to Office vs Works what features/edition goes . Now , since Microsoft is selling Visual C# standard for about 125€ here in Belgium , how much will Microsoft ask for the express edition ? Does anyome know ? It would be a rip-off if they ask more than 75€ ...

Advertisement
I read somewhere that they would distribute it with books, like the old MSVC++ 6 Student Edition was. This must mean the stand alone version would be very cheap considering a decent book costs between 40$ and 50$.

Yeah you could be rigt :)
Yay :)
In fact , i guess it's microsofts answer to
sharpdevelop (c#) & devcpp (c++) , wich both are
decent alternatives and , best of all , free .

Quote:
Original post by Drath
I read somewhere that they would distribute it with books, like the old MSVC++ 6 Student Edition was. This must mean the stand alone version would be very cheap considering a decent book costs between 40$ and 50$.

I have the visaul c++ .net deluxe learning edition, which is the standard edition with a book, but it was cheaper than the standard edition alone. I am also able to sell programs I made with it. The only thing is that I can't buy updates to newer versions, if they were ever going to sell updates (which they have never done so far). If I want a newer version, I will have to buy the complete thing again.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!