my site

Started by
4 comments, last by ghosted 19 years, 9 months ago
can u all rate my site on a scale on 1/10 1 being the lowest 10 being the hiest. it www.cheatatyourgames.co.nr and i made it all in html, with some jave and asp
www.cheatatyourgames.co.nr
Advertisement
One for Your Announcements...

5/10

Basic, a bit bland, nothing special really... The black on green is a bit tired now after every noobie using it in the wake of the Matrix... And the green on green is a bit hard to read...
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
6/10

It needs an interactive nav. menu (written in &#106avascript or flash or somesuch), more gradient blends would be nice. A blue coler scheme would be better. Still, it's nice to see that you're not using IE only tricks (I use FireFox), or other "special features".
5/10
For only html it is pretty good ive never really used html to make a web site but it must be hard. My brother is a web designer and he uses macromedia dreamweaver and photoshop for his web sites. He also uses flash and all that good stuff. Dreamweaver is a pretty good program but it takes all the fun stressful things out of writing with html.
Like said before the green on green text is hard to read. The counter or whatever at the buttom is pixelated.
Im not sure if webdesigners write in html anymore but dreamweaver does also have a html layer. My brother is also good at webdesign
I'd say a 4/10, mainly because you used freewebs. Freewebs is just a drop n drag website interface. I doubt you know HTML very well, since you didn't even make a link to your site in your post.

Mine on the other hand, is made in HTML(Mostly CSS) by someone. I didn't do the layout, but I wrote all the PHP code(Which I am still working on, since I still need my contacts page and my news).

www.toolmaker.nl

Toolmaker

If you've written the raw html yourself your doing a nice job there however I will second what the others have been saying. You need more of a colour scheme as black and green is not enough. Take a look at some sites that you really like and you'll notice most sites have three main colours that are used throughout (Gamedev employs blue, yellow and grey/white). This allows the viewer to distinguish between different sections (titles, links etc) just by subconciously recognising the colour. IT breaks up the different aspects of the site and leads the eye in the right direction. You'll want to do the same. Obviously just throwing in more colours can lead to a mess so take the time to find some colours that compliment each other and ensure you apply them with some structure and thought.

As it stands, I'd score it a 5/10 as I feel it is simply average. But 5 is not a bad score. If this is your first site its a time site better than my first one ever was. Simply adding some more variation in colour will vastly improve that score.

Best of luck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement