Sign in to follow this  
jtmerchant

Parameters of ID3DXSprite::Draw Method

I'm trying to draw sprites to the screen and am having a bit of trouble. My call to the ID3DXSprite::Draw method is simple enough: UISprite->Draw(tex,0,0,0,0,0,0xFFFFFFFF); (where UISprite is an ID3DXSprite object pointer and tex is a IDirect3DTexture9 object pointer) But it gives this error: C:\...\userInterface.cpp(68) : error C2660: 'Draw' : function does not take 7 parameters I understand what this means- the function has a different amount of parameters. But according to this MSDN reference there ARE 7 parameters. Obviously there is something outdated/changed about this function. Please respond with a link to or short explanation on the updated parameters.

It still doesn't make DX9.0b any less crap. They violated their own COM standard, by keeping the same version number but changing the parameters of the methods. (Even with a different version number, the COM standard specifies that new interfaces can be added but old ones can't be changed in this manner)

Plus, what happened to rotation and scaling? They're gone, if that document's accurate. And that's just for this one example, since it was brought up. It doesn't even begin to address things like the changes made to D3DXFONT, and others.

They made a mess, and I for one am glad to still use DX8. :) Though I'm still hoping that their Summer 2004 update is any good. We shall see.

Er, you can rotate and scale sprites. Look again. And Font and Sprite are much much faster now.

As for "violating COM," D3DX has never really been all that COM-compliant. But so? That certainly doesn't make it "crap" that shouldn't be used.