The IDE wars are upon us...

Started by
1 comment, last by Qw3r7yU10p! 19 years, 9 months ago
Lots of stuff going on in the IDE front lately: CDT 2.0 is out for Eclipse Quoi, you say? It is a C/C++ plugin for the free Eclipse IDE with support for auto-complete and some automatic refactoring (!!!!!) Debugger Goodies in VS 2005 Beta 1 Some juicy tidbits of what the debugger in VS 2005 is capable of, including tracepoints and custom visualizations of data using WinForms in managed languages! The Whidbey beta is finally out to MSDN subscribers and apparently it has a few more features over the Express beta versions. It is downloading as I speak and I'll post back with more details. All in all I am excited to see that IDEs are starting to progress forward aggressively once again. Perhaps the pressure from Eclipse will force MS to put some C++ refactoring support into Whidbey?
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by antareus
CDT 2.0 is out for Eclipse
Quoi, you say? It is a C/C++ plugin for the free Eclipse IDE with support for auto-complete and some automatic refactoring (!!!!!)

Thats pretty old news, last time i checked it was on version 2.0 M9
It's nice. I hadn't downloaded 3.0 yet and am really surprised at how very polished it all looks, too. This is the first IDE for C++ that I've seen with refactoring support (albeit minimal).

InteliJ IDEA is excellent for java refactoring if you've not checked it out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement