Sign in to follow this  
mrmrcoleman

MSVC++ 6 problem

Hello. I had MSVC 6 installed on my main work computer (win98). Then I recently upgraded to a new computer(win98) and a laptop(WinXP). However the MSVC 6 discs have been misplaced so I couldn't move the IDE over to the new computers. Instead I copied the entire MSVC directory onto a cd and put it straight onto both the new computer and the laptop. On the laptop the compiler works perfectly but on the new 98 machine when I try to open a workspace I get an error "Could not load Em.dll please re-install Visual Studio". I would go out and get a new version of the compiler but if it can work on the laptop, then surely it should work on the PC?? Is there something that needs to be put in my autoexec.bat or similar that I am missing, perhaps a path assignment? Has anybody had this problem before? I just don't want to shell out all that money again if there is another answer. Thanks in advance. Mark Coleman

Without the zillion of registryentries you need for the program that get written when you install the program you are pretty lost.

I don't think you will ever get the program working without the install discs.