Sign in to follow this  
HWgamers

Unity Game Console Development

HWgamers    122
Hi all, I had an idea of developing a game console that will be able to support the modding and indie gaming community with open source development tools. Any comments to as whether this is feasible? HW.

Alpha_ProgDes    6936
accessible and legal sources are.....

any PDA [smile]
Dreamcast
and as was mentioned xgamestation.

but just so you know most consoles required a good understanding of C and assembly (but 98% of the time you can get away with plain ol' C).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ilovegames
      The legendary UAZ SUV is off in an unprecedented expedition on the picturesque,
      yet rugged regions of Russia. Powerful domestic cross-country vehicles have to go through many trials in the expanses of the country! There are three game modes (Exploring the world, Delivery and Checkpoints).
      Explore the vastness of Russia, perform tasks, and feel the power of the legendary UAZ!

Features:
      - Large Map.
      - Diverse terrain (mountains, villages, fields, etc.)
      - Modern graphics and effects.
      - Pleasant music.
      - 11 types of camera views.
      - Different weather conditions (fog, rain, etc.)
      - Game modes (Free Driving, Delivery & Checkpoints)
      - 3 models of the legendary brand.
      - And much more!
      Download https://falcoware.com/UazOffRoadNewHorizon.php

• By ilovegames
      Arcade game in black and white style. In it you will need to drive a motorcycle through a variety of challenging trails. Come accessible trails and open new ones. All in the game of their 21 game features realistic physics, and you will need to acquire the skill that would deal with it.
      Download https://falcoware.com/LostTrack.php

• By mmortall
      Genre: Story Puzzle Technologies: Unity Web Player, C# Mono, Objetive-C Platforms: iOS   Language: English, Russian   Websites: App Store www.welldonegame.com Facebook group   Overview: Puzzle with love story. You need to solve mazes to reach girl you love in a beautiful environment. 80+ completely diverse stages, that show the history of Boy’s and Girl’s relationship AR mode (for iOS 11) Procedure generated nonrepetitive mazes Infinite mode with leaderboards Collecting unique postcards   Slogan: Love is a maze   Video   Screenshots   Needs your feedbacks
    • By WinterDragon
      My first goal is to build in python a text-based (next version will have graphics) adventure game scenario where a player enters a tavern, and goes on a quest. Earns money, buys weapons and gets in a fight.

So I've got four ideas for games I want to build.
      1. a space simulation where a mute evolving clique is tasked with colonising planets - it's also a social network.
      My next goal is to build a 3rd person shooter and streets of rage style framework for a action/adventure game based on my story which is about God's mightiest heroes (with mutation sandbox) versus the devil (read pinhead meets bizarro superman).
      I also want to build in python, a 3d isometric rpg/sim that looks like the sims 1 but thematically is more like Bully or GTA1, but plays like Hell's Kitchen DS combined with Dofus, with environments combining elements of Phantasy Star, Sonic and art photography of convenience stores, etc.
      I also want to build an epic adventure story in RPGMakerMV.
      Any advice as to what else I should build in between to get closer to my goal projects.

In a few weeks I'll have my first game, I'm not really sure how to turn it into an executable file so i can share it with people who don't have python installed.
    • By Steve Vermeulen
      I've been using async-await in Unity 2017 for awhile now and went through some hurdles getting it to work properly with the unity way of doing things. In order to avoid anyone else suffering the same problems I've posted a tutorial with what I've learned here:

http://www.stevevermeulen.com/index.php/2017/09/23/using-async-await-in-unity3d-2017/
  • Popular Now