Sign in to follow this  
xegoth

textured .3ds models?

I'm trying to find a free textured spaceship model for my game. I found some but I can only use files that milskhape 3d can import. So far all 3ds files seem to be untextured, and textured files are .max which milshape3d doesn't support. Is there such a thing as a textured .3ds model? If so where could I find one of a spaceship? Also, how come all the screenshots of 3ds models are textured but then when you download them they aren't? thanks

Most models downloaded from online come with textures that are co-refrenced inside of the 3DS model file, if you d/l a model and the screen shot of it is textured and it comes with the textures uncompressed (aka seperate from the model file), as is usualy with the ones you find online, just make sure that your program importing those models knows the directory of the textures that come with the model, it may just be looking for them in a different place and therein not importing the textures along with the models.

Edit: also this has ntohing to do with DirectX....so not sure why it's in this forum.

I never see any uncompressed files in there with the model. So it must be somehow inside the model? But if thats the case how come it doesn't show up when I import it into milskhape 3d?