Good Web Service

Started by
7 comments, last by evolutional 19 years, 9 months ago
I was wanting to post some source code, and executables for sharing on a web site. Does anyone know of a good one that is free and has ftp? I dont mind pop ups or banners, just somthing with plenty of room, since some files might be close to 1 meg in size, and some projects might be 3 or 4 megs. Im going to release the source code and bins for some x-com tftd game editors I made once and have been collecting dust, will post it in the isometric area since thats related Thanks for any help
Advertisement
www.freeshell.org
Im sure thats a great site, but its just a little above my head.

I dont know quite what its talking about.

Anything a little simpler, or more user friendly?

Or any advice on how to set up with freeshell?
Surely there is someone on here who uses a good web service to hold demos or source code from their projects?
SourceForge Perhaps?
1t3.com
Haven't tried this one yet, but here it is:
http://www.deltawebhosting.com/

Very cheap, and you get a reasonable amount of space.
If you dont mind the popups, u can use tripod. Has 3Gb of bandwidth and there is no filesize limit. I think you are given 20mb of space.
If you're serious about hosting, you're going to get better plans if you pay for them. Generally free providers will limit the bandwidth, space, put adverts all over your site or all three.

You can look at Brinkster, they used to offer free hosting but unfortunately they scrapped it. Their rates are at $5 a month for a reasonable package now.

As for others, I could sit and reel off a whole load of hosts (mainly UK-based ones because I'm in the UK), each with pros and cons. The bottom line is that you get what you pay for.

You could try emailing the guy at Legion who up until recently was giving away web space on his server. Legion are pointing new wannabe signups to FreeASP whilst they upgrade, so you may wanna check that.

I also heard that GameDev.net premium members will get some web space, so it's a nice reason to upgrade when that hits :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement