VB Lisner function in C++

Started by
3 comments, last by opengl_coder 19 years, 9 months ago
Hello guys :) I have a problem I have created a commandbutton class in c++ and it is working great I just create a new object of the class and i get a new commandbutton.. Before I started programming c++ I proggrammed a lot of visual basic.. How can I make a listner function as a member of my CommandButton class?? Visual Basic uses an ActiveX(Class) control and I automaticly get this function: Private Sub Command1_Click() End Sub I want to create a similar function structure for my c++ class! If you have programmed VB and C++ I hope you understand what I mean... Thank you!
Advertisement
The best way to do it would be to with MFC, I think.
Search MSDN for it; I think it should do what you want it to.
Yes :) but it has to be away to create listner functions in common c++ without the use of MFC and other large libraries..
My class is working like it should I just want to create different lisner funcions like on_click and on_focus etc..
OK, another way to do it would be something like this:
#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN#include <windows.h>#define WM_SETCLASSPTR WM_USER+1class CWindow{public:    friend LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND,UINT,WPARAM,LPARAM);    void OnClick() {/*Do stuff here*/}protected:    HWND m_wnd;};LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND hWnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam){    static CWindow *ptr = 0;    switch(uMsg)    {    case WM_SETCLASSPTR;        ptr = (CWindow*)wParam;        ptr->m_wnd = hWnd;        break;    case WM_LBUTTONUP:        ptr->OnClick();        break;    }    return DefWindowProc(hWnd, uMsg, wParam, lParam);}

A bit hackish, I know, but I don't think there is a better way without MFC.
Thank you so much! The code is great :)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the code still leave one problem unsolved..
Doesn't all the objects/buttons in the class get the
same OnClick() function?

In my CommandButton class I can create as many buttons as I want to.. Lets say I create two..

In Visual Basic i can use different code for my two different command buttons..
Private Sub Command1_Click()
'Code for first button goes here..
End Sub

Private Sub Command2_Click()
'Different code for second button goes here..
End Sub

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement