• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Saving compiled bytecode

This topic is 4924 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The Syntax Checker would help script modules within the host just to make sure the modder is writing a proper script, we can use it to precompile the script and display syntax errors, or even IntelliSense like stuff, would help right?

Advertisement
No doubt a syntax checker would be a valuable resource for script writers. With the addition of asCRestore that Gyrbo wrote it could even be used to precompile the scripts.

Let's hope someone will write something like this. I'm willing to host it on the AngelScript site, just as I did with AngelScriptBind.

I'm planning on using compiled bytecode scripts in my next project. Writing a precompiler is pretty simple, you simply take the parts from your game sourcecode that set-up the scriptengine and use them to create a stand-alone program. You still need to hack the code a bit to make dynamic module order possible. This is still very simple because calls to other modules aren't possible, so you can simply set the module id in the function id to the current module.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement