Wings 3D. Have you used it?

Started by
14 comments, last by Toxic Hippo 19 years, 9 months ago
I have been getting back into 3D modeling lately, and a friend told me about Wings. It is a free modeler based upon 'box modeling". Has anyone else here used it? And what do you think?
Advertisement
Page not found. Fix teh clicky.
I prefer blender and its awesome UI (get used to it and you'll love it forever, and use keyboard shortcuts)

I didn't really like Wings3D, it just didn't feel right
plus i don't like having 4 separate views. I like to be able to rotate around with the numpad like in blender
I love me and you love you.
Wings3D
My favorite. It is simple to use and fairly easy to learn. Try it. Oh yeah, blender sucks. Using Blender is like programming a computer with toggle switches :P
--------------------------I present for tribute this haiku:Inane Ravings OfThe Haunting JubilationA Mad Engineer©Copyright 2005 ExtrariusAll Rights Reserved
I heard that some Blender users use Wings to do the modeling, and Blender for the animation.
Quote:Original post by Witchcraven
My favorite. It is simple to use and fairly easy to learn. Try it. Oh yeah, blender sucks. Using Blender is like programming a computer with toggle switches :P

So, I guss, you paid 3K for Max, or 2K for Maya?
Wings isn't too bad. I used it a long time ago, and it was competent. I still prefer Blender, but Wings is pretty popular for low-poly modeling AFAIK. Give it a go.

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

BTW, people should refrain from saying that Blender sucks. Not only that it's free, but it is also a very potent program. And it's Open Source, so if you think there are improvements that need to be made, make them yourself.
They don't get much money for their effort, and they do diserve a little more appreciation.
I gave it a shot, but I didn't care for it.
I'm much more at home with Blender.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement