ExecuteString vs AddScriptSection + Build

Started by
4 comments, last by abrken 19 years, 9 months ago
Hello, Till now I was using AngelScript in a very simple way : ExecuteString(...) This was well working. Then I have decided to work another way : AddScriptSection + Build + GetFunctionID ... Well, this doesn't work. What I'm doing is : AddScriptSection("module", "funcname", "void funcname() {" + same code that was working with ExecuteString + "}", strlen(..)) as many time as i have pieces of code. Then I call Build and I get : Building... Parsing: "XPNTree_TIMEOUT" Error : (1, 13) Expected identifier Parsing: "TheOtherCode" Error : (1, 101) Expected identifier Error : (1, 145) Unexpected token 'if' Parsing: "FlipImage" Error : (1, 84) Expected identifier ... What I am doing wrong ? Thanks for any answer. AbrKen.
Advertisement
some more elements :

this code :

void XPNTree_TIMEOUT() {
int i; i = 50;
}

void TheOtherCode() {

Generate :
Building...
Parsing: "XPNTree_TIMEOUT"
Error : (1, 13) Expected identifier

this code :

void XPNTree_TIMEOUT() {
int i;
}

void TheOtherCode() {

is well compiling.

more clues for anyone that can answer the first message :

If I call AddScriptSection only one time (with all the script functions concatenated of course), this works just fine.

Why ?
I can't see any error in the way you're doing it. I'll have to make some tests.

Would it be possible for you to write a test case for the test framework that reproduces the errors and then pass that to me? That will make it easier for me to help you.

You'll find the test framework here:

http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/files/testframe.zip

Calling AddScriptSection() only one time or multiple times shouldn't make any difference, except for the error reporting.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I tried the following and had no errors:

#include "angelscript.h"#include <stdio.h>#include <string.h>static const char *script = "void XPNTree_TIMEOUT() {int i; i = 50;}";static const char *script2 = "void TheOtherCode() {}";class COutStream : public asIOutputStream{public:	void AS_CALL Write(const char *text) { printf(text); }};bool Test_Build(){	bool ret = false;	asIScriptEngine *engine = asCreateScriptEngine(ANGELSCRIPT_VERSION);	engine->AddScriptSection("test", "test", script, strlen(script));	engine->AddScriptSection("test", "test2", script2, strlen(script2));	COutStream out;	int r = engine->Build("test", &out);	if( r < 0 )	{		printf("Test_Build: Failed to build script.\n");		ret = true;	}	engine->Release();		return ret;}

What are you different from my example above?

Could it be that you're not sending the correct length of the script? Verify the way you call strlen().

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

After having read your answer, I have re-examined my code, and was making a mistake.

I wasn't sending function declaration, eg :

/*void FlipImage(){*/			bstr bstrTmp;			string strTmp;			CLuaXmlPresenter *xmlPresenter;			xmlPresenter = getReferencedPresenter("XPNPresenter");			if (xmlPresenter != 0) {				CLuaXmlPresenterElementBitmap *xmlBitmap;				xmlBitmap = xmlPresenter->GetBitmap(10);				if (xmlBitmap != 0) {					CImage *imageBitmap;					imageBitmap = xmlBitmap->GetImageBitmap();					if (imageBitmap != 0) {						imageBitmap->Flip();						xmlBitmap->Display(0, true);					}				}			}/*}*/

The comment line are what was missing (not sent to AddScriptSection).

This is interristing, I have learned this way that ScriptCode MUST be contained in function, ans ONLY variable declaration is addmited as global.

Thank you for your answer, it helps.

Regards,
AbrKen.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement