SOAP

Started by
5 comments, last by Wintermute2004 19 years, 9 months ago
Anyone using soap with any of their games/programs written in c++?
Advertisement
I doubt someone on this page is, maybe..
Still, I really don't see what this has got to do with NeHe.
well...your not thinking hard enough of the possibilities....or you dont care to....
Nothing wrong with SOAP, just a bit too much overhead for use in realtime networking. Might still be great for other things, like a public highscore list for example.
I just thought you should've posted in the multiplayer or possibly general programming forum instead.
agreed. i just think this forum is one of the most responsive i have seen. I like the people here. i will post my question in another section.
Personally I wouldn't consider using SOAP unless you had some political reason for doing it.

It's not terribly standard between implementations - they don't talk to each other as well as they should, and even though it's called "Simple Object Access Protocol", it's much more complex than needed for most jobs.

Mark
As long as you ain't masochisticaly detained, I would stay away from it. I just implemented a WebService, and wouldn't it been political reason (boss wanted it), i would have thrown it away. The only working implementation ( Axiscpp ) is so full of bugs ( 452 Mails in 2 weeks from their Mailinglist, full of bugs ). So if you don't REALLY need it, don't use it. and if oyu have to, stick with very simple parameters ( no complex types etc. )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement