1 Important Programming Question

Started by
5 comments, last by AMARAII 24 years, 4 months ago
John Hattan wrote a great article on this subject. Do a search here on gamedev.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios
www.spin-studios.com

Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
Advertisement
I would personally recommend that you start with C++. It is a great language to start with and please do not get intimidated by people telling you about how difficult it is. Object Oriented Programming in C++ is, in my opinion, the easiet to master if you start on it without prior procedural programming knowledge. All the best!

Best regards,
Sherman

_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com
Yepp!

I would think you should buy a book on c/c++.
It's THE language if you want to write good games. Get a visual c++ 6 compiler and get the directx 7 sdk, and you're on your way.

Yeah. just adding something. If you don't want to buy a C compiler you could go download one of the free ones. Lcc-win32 is rather a satisfactory compiler for beginners
C++ all the way. You can use and understand all the old standards that were written in C. You can learn/use all of the standard OOP concepts. It is easy to learn (start with CONSOLE, not windowed apps). It is POWERFULL (efficient code, and efficient programming). ALL industry API's are written to C first, everthing else latter (if ever), so you will have direct access to ALL new technology.

Good Luck

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on which programming language is the best for creating games.Im going to learn programming and I would like to start with the right one for that.If anyone has any suggestions I would like to hear them.
Thanks to anyone whio replies.
Failed to mention that I have written some basic C++ tutorials on my website at http://hitw.spedia.net

Best regards,
Sherman

_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement