Not sleeping makes me a better person

Started by
56 comments, last by Spintwo 19 years, 8 months ago
I lucid dream quite a bit. It's not really all that scary or a big deal usually. I simply know that I'm dreaming, so usually I just use it to my advantage to control my dream. I RARELY have bad dreams.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Advertisement
i have this friend who was 4 days awake and the last day he saw a caveman through his window... he went to sleep, then (and no, it was not mardi gras :) )
i think he was crazy before his little experiment, though...
-----------------------------------------------------------Web Comic
lol
yea, i read this thing that if you sleep on the floor, you're almost sure to have a lucid dream, but I can't fall asleep on the floor... I tried once, and i just lied there for like 3 hours, eyes wide open, staring at a vcr clock.
Yea, you get the same kind of paralysis when you meditate or hypnotize yourself, that kicks ass, but it takes a decent amount of concentration and energy to attain it. I heard some people are actually able to concentrate enough that they can change their eye colour... thats wicked insane, I want to be able to do that

on a side note, one of the reasons i'm thinking of doing this may be that i saw 'donnie darko' a couple of times lately.. wicked movie
_________________________________________"You're just jelous because the voices only talk to me"
My record is about 49 hours. It consisted of a full shift at work until 2am, an 18 hour flight a few hours later (I can't sleep on planes) landing at 10am local time, then staying up until 1am the next morning. I woke up again at 8am and felt great and coincedently didn't sleep the next night either as I was on an overnight train (I can't sleep on trains either).

Dan

Dan

Quote:Original post by Infuscare
I heard some people are actually able to concentrate enough that they can change their eye colour... thats wicked insane, I want to be able to do that

I can make myself float.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
yea thats some zen shit right there
_________________________________________"You're just jelous because the voices only talk to me"
I sleep 4 hours a day, and I don't touch caffeine.

I'm the nicest person in the world. Asshole.

---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.

besides the irony in that :P
it depends on the people though, like i can sleep for 12 hours and still be tired. Hell, this happens on a regular basis. I never wake up and have a lot of energy. The one time I remember having energy and lots of it was after 2 days of playing soccer, like 6 hours a day of actual game time. At the end of the second day, I was running like crazy, and full of energy... that was a lot of fun
Infuscare,
not sleeping for 48 hours is not that dangerous. Some experiences of people staying in caves without the day/night cycles showed that our internal clock is not set on these. (But they are not the same for everyone)

But fact is that your body (and not only muscles, but also your internal organs) need a rest at least every 80/90 hours. In fact, you can't stay awake if you're not having any physical activity. Sitting on a chair or lying on a bed without a move will take you to fall asleep. It's the body taking the control and saying "good night".

So be careful, and manage your sleep the way you want. For any hallucinations needed, i think there are enough illegal drugs that are really working for you to take a sleep.

Oh. One last thing : be careful because your body having its limits, don't try to go jogging or play a tennis game if you didn't have enough sleep, you will injury your muscles for sure. Not that bad but not be able to run for 2 weeks can be quite a pan in the... legs.
-----------------------------"Reality is what remains even when you don't believe it's true."
I never sle:,;kjlnb!!hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement