• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
djurens

dplay threads keeps going?

This topic is 5380 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I am using a directplay-class i have written and from which I create an object whenever the game is set to multiplayer mode. When the game is set to singleplayer mode the object is deleted. The thing is that for every time I create this object I get one more of these lines in visual c++ output debug window: The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xblabla) has exited with code 0 (0x0). I guess it is the DirectPlayMessageHandler thread that is created one time for each directplay object but then escapes deleting? Or does it? Is the messagehandler thread deleted along with its class or does it keep running? How do I correct this? (I am initializing a static messagehandler to be able to get the thread to work from inside the class: pDP->Initialize(this, StaticDirectPlayMessageHandler, 0) static HRESULT WINAPI StaticDirectPlayMessageHandler(PVOID pvUserContext, DWORD dwMessageId, PVOID pMsgBuffer) {return (reinterpret_cast<cDPlay*>(pvUserContext)->DirectPlayMessageHandler(pvUserContext, dwMessageId, pMsgBuffer)); } HRESULT WINAPI DirectPlayMessageHandler(PVOID pvUserContext, DWORD dwMessageId, PVOID pMsgBuffer); Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
That message is not a DPlay message. It's a message that comes from your development environment, and if you looked it up, you would see that it's informative only and not a problem.

This topic is 5380 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.