• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[java] My first Java game

This topic is 6334 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I recently finished my first java game - a simple turn-based strategy game. Go ahead and try it out at http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-18931/programming and tell me what you think. Thanks :-) // CDM

Advertisement
Hi....
It looks pretty good! The graphics anyway cause I had no one to play with (). Anywho besides the needed one player feature, you should add a loading bar for your nice looking graphics ''cause the grey screen is not nice to look at..()

Keep up the good work ....

=============================
a wise man once said....
=============================
www.thejpsystem.com

It looks pretty good to me. Maybe the two players could start off a bit further apart (or is it random?) because when I played it only took one turn for them to be right next to each other. Nice game though.

- Daniel
VG Games

Not Found

The requested URL /~w-18931/programming/..\css\default.css was not found on this server.

Jim_Ross : Weird, doesn''t happen to me (I''m using Win2k/IE 5.0)
--
And, to answer a couple of questions. The players'' start locations are random, although they tend to start near each other as someone noticed...
I actually wrote this game quickly one night so that me and a friend could write one bot each, and then we would let them play against each other. But...we never did so I added the ability to play with a human player. This is pretty much the final version, since I don''t intend to work on it any more. If anyone is interested in getting the source code so you perhaps can write a bot or something, just drop me a mail.

• Advertisement