[java] Converting mobile phone game to PC application

Started by
4 comments, last by sillysoft 19 years, 8 months ago
Is it possible to convert an application developed for mobile phones to a PC application? I don't mean running it on an emulator but rather have a version specific to the PC. It might run in an applet for instance. How would I go about this and would there need to be much modification to the existing code?
Advertisement
It shouldn't be a lot of work, but using an applet MIDP emulator like MicroEmulator will be a lot easier.

shmoove
My guess would be that the game logic and data model is separate from the graphics and OS calls. So basically, you need to port/rewrite the graphics & OS calls to PC, and the other stuff should just carry on over for the most part.
you could even just write your own version of javax.microedition.* classes.

If you actually have source code for the game that's not obfuscated and/or obtained through decompiling, and actually has comments and stuff - then chances are it's because you wrote it in the first place; in which case you should be smart enough to figure it out for yourself. Yeah? :)
There are lots of different emulators out there that will let you do this easily. Go look for the nokia emulator. It's probably part of the developer stuffs.
-- -- --My name is Dustin. I am the creator of the online Risk game Lux.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement