Dx9b, VS2.0 problem with the rsq instruction

Started by
2 comments, last by Striper 19 years, 8 months ago
Hi there, I'm working in asm on VS2.0. I have a Phong VS1.1 working, but when copying the code of the vs in a VS2.0 the app compile and then bug at the execution because of the rsq instruction (I have searched, and make it work thx the nrm inst instead) So, I would like to now wy this f**** inst doesn't work in 2.0!!! Does anyone have seen it yet ? My config is : Asus Radeon 9800XT 256 with the last Catalyst. AMD 64 3000+ 512 SDRam Win XP 32Bit (what a shame with a athlon 64 ... :'( I know ... but ths VS first ;) )
Advertisement
Can you give any more information about the shaders/app because without more details, no, I don't know why the rsq instruction would fail at execution time (not if it succeeded in a VS1.1 shader that was exactly the same, anyway...).

-Mezz
Yep ... Me too, I don't understand why it succeeded in a vs1.1 that was exactly the same...

Well, I don't have the code here, I will post it as soon as possible.

It's a simple Blinn Phong VS, the rsq are used to normalize the vectors ... I hacked this using the nrm inst in the VS2.0 so it works properly ... but this is not a good solution.

The app, is a full shader engine. For the moment it's just a full empty engine ;) The archi is almost done. We attacked the shaders last week.
We try to do a generic engine, which could use Gl or Dx without distinction. It's made to be easily changed, like space partitioning, or object modeling, etc etc ...
But still many work to do...

[Edited by - Striper on August 3, 2004 7:23:54 AM]
Ok, I found it ...

it's a noob error in fact ...

in vs1.1 rsq choose w as default value for the source.

but in vs2.0 it seems to need a component for the source.

Then when I did "rsq r0, r1" it failed, and with "rsq r0, r1.w" it works ...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement