• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Daos

OpenGL Water effect tutorial

This topic is 5074 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi you guys! I'm really having hard times in understanding the ray traceing stuff, I mean how do I change the color if i'm using a texture for the water.I also didn't understand the DirectX source files since i'm an OpenGL happy coder so i tried to figure out the fenomenon myself,and it looks great except for the refraction part,which i hope you will explain to me. I hope i'll hear you soon. Thanks!

Advertisement
Yes, how long until Yann posts those articles. The thread gets bigger and bigger each day but no articles :-(

Quote:
Original post by oconnellseanm
Yes, how long until Yann posts those articles. The thread gets bigger and bigger each day but no articles :-(

Look, I really appreciate how much people are looking forward to this series. But as much as I would love it, a day doesn't have 48 hours. I'm leaving for South America in two weeks, and there is a ton of real-life stuff to do until then - stuff that has priority over an article.

The raw articles are here, and are currently being reviewed by a couple of people. I'm not a very good writer, so writing such a series is not an easy task for me, and takes some time to fine-tune. I will definitely publish the water series before I leave, but I can't be any more precise than that.

Quote:

Hi you guys!
I'm really having hard times in understanding the ray traceing stuff, I mean how do I change the color if i'm using a texture for the water.I also didn't understand the DirectX source files since i'm an OpenGL happy coder so i tried to figure out the fenomenon myself,and it looks great except for the refraction part,which i hope you will explain to me.
I hope i'll hear you soon.
Thanks!

What exactly are you having problems with? How are you trying to render water? There are several ways to do it, and though I'm not very experienced with water (yet), I understand some of the basic ways of rendering. I can try to help if you have a more specific question!

And seriously, stop badgering Yann. I wouldn't care if the article came out in a year, I would be happy that it did. Give the guy a break, I'm sure his life is full of other things! :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!