[.net] Anyone knows a ebook in German to learn c# ?

Started by
6 comments, last by cybergolem 19 years, 8 months ago
..see Subject ..
Excuse my english, I am only German
Advertisement
<joke> Just look for a German ebook about Java !</joke>
The only open book I know is this: http://www.galileocomputing.de/openbook/csharp/

However, I really suggest buying a real book, reading from the screen is not that comfortable.

Regards,
Andre
Andre Loker | Personal blog on .NET
ok, to make myself clear.
I wanted a ebook so I can print it out and
cause I can't afford to buy books.
If you're suggesting that you want an illegal ebook, I'd recommend rescinding your last comment quickly, if you're interested in genuine free books, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions.
i am NOT looking for illegal ebooks !
If I wanted that, I would search somewhere else .
It's not an "ebook" per se but the Microsoft Visual C# home page has a great number of articles pertaining to learning C# and using it; many of late deal specifically with Microsoft Visual C# Express 2005 which is available as a free download and will work until March 2005. (It is a beta edition, but extremely stable in the short time I've worked with it.)

If you're looking to learn the .NET Framework (I consider learning languages easy; it is using the underlying frameworks/APIs that can be difficult for each platform) you might consider first using Visual Basic. VB.NET and C# are extremely close in syntax and use, and VB.NET sports a great number of free tutorials and movies for it, the most recent of which is VB at the Movies, a set of 101 films that take you, step by step, through each portion of Visual Basic.

There is a digital version of Thinking in C# which was available but the lawyers took the authors to task. The book was written by Larry O'Brien and Bruce Eckel and as such, I'm sure it would be a fantastic tool for any novice wishing to jump into C#. There's varying notes about the book itself now -- some say you can still download it for a small fee, others claim it was canceled as a digital project. You might poke that beast with a stick or search engine to see what you come up with.

Finally there's ProgrammingTutorials.com. Many, many tutorials. Some well written, others not.

As a last resort there's always the forums here and at GotDotNet. Also be aware that Microsoft has many QuickStarts available on their various web sites if you're already familiar with programming in general. ASP.NET and WindowsForms.NET are too community based sites with great forums, a great community, and great resources for someone looking to dive in.

None of this is the same as a book written from chapter to chapter with the intent to teach you a language. It's much more harder to learn from disparate tutorials that you find over the web, but back in the Color64 BBS days that's how I learned PowerC. :)

Hope that helps.

(Sorry, I know that none of these are German links, but you should be able to find corresponding versions in the .de domain. Since I only know enough German to cuss someone out, I wasn't able to verify this.)
..what we do will echo throughout eternity..
Thanks a lot for your answer.

But as it seems I completly forgot how to use OOP. :-(
I used to programm only in Tcl/TK where OOP was not neccesary.

So I will see at your links to help me get back to where I was 5 years before.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement