Sign in to follow this  
Steve-B

A strange error when running my program using OpenGL v1.1

Hi peeps I have written a picture viewer program that (funnily enough) loads pictures into a window. Anyway I added OpenGL error checking code to the main RenderScene() function to catch if any errors occur when I use the DrawPixels() function (this is the only OpenGL function I really use for this program). Anyway the program runs fine on my machine however if I try running it on a machine with the generic Microsoft v1.1 implementation of OpenGL then I get some sort of OpenGL "enum" error. Anyone encountered this before. I think the program works fine if I remove the OpenGL error. Maybe. Any ideas?? Steve B

Quote:
Original post by AndyL
Perhaps you've specified an invalid datatype or an invalid pixel format?

Hi Andy

Hmmm. I'm really not sure. glDrawPixels is the only OpenGL function I use in my main drawing function. Here is what it looks like:

glDrawPixels(width, height, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, deepILBM);

width = unsigned int
height = unsigned int
deepILBM = *unsigned char

I think this is the error that was generated:

GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if format or type is not one of the accepted values.
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if type is GL_BITMAP and format is not either GL_COLOR_INDEX or GL_STENCIL_INDEX.

I can't really see what the problem is though. I'm also quite sure that it works fine (not tested it for a while though) when the error checking is removed. Maybe I should use a C++ cast to force width and height to become GLsizei? I'm not really sure.

Steve-B