How to make you art looks profesional ??

Started by
4 comments, last by Ame noire 19 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I've been developing my own game.. and being an indie I also tried to make my own arts for the game. But something really bothering me.. I never satisfied with the result .. especially the interface design.. the color n such.. No matter how hard I tried.. it doesn't click in my mind.. if you know what I mean. I tried to follow steps of common arts from games such as bounce out, bejeweled.. tried to applied them without being a copycat.. but it won't work.. Here's a sample of my work Can somebody give me hints based on that scrshot ??
Ride the thrill of your life
Play Motorama
Advertisement
fixed link Sample of work
It looks very good I think. You just need some small polishing, thats all.
The play and help buttons: the text blends with the button, making it a little harder to read. Either change one of the colors or make a thin dark outline around the text. If you outline the text, outline the button too.

Splash screen area: needs a little more contrast ( ie darker darks and lighter lights ). I would darken the balls in the forground. And purple and green dont look very good next to each other in most cases, I would try to change the background to colors that agree with each other.

Also, since all of the other text fields are centered, center the score too. and lower the balls to go text. Basically try to align all of the text equally, otherwise it will look uglier than it should.

hope this helps
Lucas
Lucas Henekswww.ionforge.com
Looks nice, I think you're well on your way. Maybe a little more variation between the balls would make you feel better about it? A little shadowing or depth in the play area might help, too. Anyway, I think your art work is already pretty far along. What graphics software do you use?
It's hard to comment on that because of the low JPEG-quality of your samples.

- The text "sly-ball" is to big, it exceeds the screen. Make it 5% smaller and center it.
- Outline the text on the buttons with a dark green
- on the top left of the face-ball there is a red thingie I cannot recognize what it is. Maybe you want to put some hightlights there. In photoshop white brush -> blur, not the filter-lens-flare
- Adjust the elements in your game screen, for example the text is not aligned to the scoredisplays, things like that make things looking really unprofessional because it looks like if you don't have a layout for your game
-if the thing in front of the headball is a mouth rotate it a little counter-clockwise and desaturate the red tinting in the middle of the ball

That's all :). You are on the right way, it looks really fun to play :)
--------------------------Just signaturing around :)
Found one again :) The balls in the game screen should have more depth. Either, if techncally possible add some shadow to them on the game screen or give them more depth by adding more specularity and shadow-tones.

That's all for now :)
--------------------------Just signaturing around :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement