Visual Basic game

Started by
1 comment, last by Sr_Guapo 19 years, 8 months ago
Does anyone have a tutorial that uses VB6 to make a 2d direct draw game that is not complicated, like pong or something?
I don't have to do nothing but live and die, everything else i choose to do- I don't know, but my dad says it alot
Advertisement
Why VB? Those who ever used VB for coding, now use C-like interpreter for making games, 3d and like. Forget about VB and let Bill play on his own playground;) I mean no offense, use VB if you like it...
What's wrong with VB? VB.Net and managed DX are a great combination, though VB6 and DX7/8 are very good as well. I don't know of an actual "tutorial" that will make an entire game, but there are lots of tutorials that will treach you to use DD, then you make the game on your own.

I assume you will be using DX7 since VB6 does not support DX9. A good site with many tutorials is DirectX4VB, though it seems the site has been down recently... Another site with some tutorials is Lucky's VB Gaming site, that has a few DD things. The only oher site I would recommend is VBGamer, it doesn't have any DD tutorials, but it has a very helpful and fairly active message board.

Try googling and see if you can get any other tutorials. HTH.
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement