Make new friends and progress in games programming II

Started by
13 comments, last by muphicks 19 years, 8 months ago
Hi I know I should have posted in the other thread but I wanted to make my own plea for people not necessarily to make a team but to be in contact with and work with on the same goal. I am ONLY interested in 2D stuff, no 3D in my world. I like scrolling space shooters and games like Rick Dangerous (if you don’t know what that is ask Goggle), I want to make a team in the long run but I feel you need to get to know people over time and exchange code and ideas along the same line and move forward from there. I’m already having a conversation with one person I’ve gotten to know well and we both use the same book which helps while were learning. So what we both want to do is make a simple 2D game, as simple as possible, work out any flow, graphics, timing etc issues we may have. It should be fun to learn and learn from each other especially because programming alone really sucks. A bit about me, I’ve done most of my programming in C and started with basic, gone to ASM and then C. I started to write my own game in C but ran in to barriers when it came in to math and other things. I wrote my own draw program for my games and it’s available at my web site: http://webhome.idirect.com/~frankg/interests/programming/progpage.html I hope I get people to contact me via MSN, AIM, or ICQ. I hope to make learning fun and exciting and we get to play too. MSN: rockstarbikes@hotmail.com AIM: LordFudster ICQ: 462941 Thank You LMRFUD
Advertisement
I added you on MSN a while ago but you haven't added me yet :S
Sorry about that. You've been added to my MSN!

TTYL

FUD
THAT AWESOME OTHER C Programmers. That's Perfect i am a C programmer too, and i used SDL for my game engine. i am working on this comercial game right now. CHeck it Out HERE
http://www.geocities.com/nlstudio_us/
Holy Smokes that looks so cool! Way more than I want to do right now but still very cool.

Awesome Work!

Fud
Thanks Alot
I love the idea of sticking to 2D games, and collaborating sounds fun, except I program in c++. I'm sorry I just like OOP. But I'm still interested in where this goes and maybe how I can help.

email:knowledge3754@yahoo.com
AIM:knowledge3754
Oh did I say I was only using C, well C++ is actually what were using, I just started out in C.

Hope that clears things up.

Fud
I would also love to join this, but I have a question: What would we use for our 2D drawing and stuff? DirectDraw? SDL?
My AIM SN is: <deleted>
My E-Mail address is: <deleted>

[Edited by - CodeTitan on January 3, 2005 2:41:13 PM]
I think I started on the wrong foot, based on the response I've received some good and some bad you need to understand that starting a "TEAM" is a big task and I don't think we need to add any additional stress to programming.

Just so people know, you need to be calm, there are games to be created but if you don't get to know people before you start your just asking for trouble.

I'm all for creating what other people want too, I just think your going to find people with many different talents.

Thanks
Fud

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement