• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kyc

Game: ChronoDoll

This topic is 5050 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Thanks for the responses, and yes it is my own engine. The only libraries I used are GLFW for cross-platform OpenGL, and tinyxml for parsing/saving map files.

Cool, really cool!
Could you give me a little hint on how to create such awesome physics? Maybe a good tut or a book? Thanks a lot! :-D

Yeah it really isn't much of a game, more a (final?) tech demo.

I started out using the article by Thomas Jakobsen, then lurked around many forums and searched for other verlet projects and absorbed and added my own interpretations.

The physics really isn't too hard, but it took the longest time figuring out how to do constraint-particle collisions. So far I think I am the only one to do it successfully, and the irony is that it is the simplest yet most unexpected "solution"; there's still some bugs (I have the solutions in my head), but the main thing is that EVERYTHING comes down to a capsule-capsule test.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!