Game: ChronoDoll

Started by
16 comments, last by etaylor27 19 years, 8 months ago
I'm out of motivation for this EDIT- game demo -EDIT, but I'd still like to know how you respond to it. Thank you for your time. chronoDoll.0.1.1.zip 867 kb ----------------------------------- grandmachina [Edited by - kyc on August 14, 2004 11:44:01 PM]
Advertisement
Impressive. Is that your own dynamics engine?
Very cool, dude! The Physics look really good. I like how you used XML for configuration.
Yo man! I LOVE physix :-D
Same question: is that your engine? Or ODE/Tokamak?
Thanks for the responses, and yes it is my own engine. The only libraries I used are GLFW for cross-platform OpenGL, and tinyxml for parsing/saving map files.
Cool, really cool!
Could you give me a little hint on how to create such awesome physics? Maybe a good tut or a book? Thanks a lot! :-D
Nice job on the verlet, it's pretty fun to mess around in.
That was very fun, and I still have absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to be doing!

Keep up the excellent work :)
Why don't alcoholics make good calculus teachers?Because they don't know their limits!Oh come on, Newton wasn't THAT smart...
Yeah it really isn't much of a game, more a (final?) tech demo.

I started out using the article by Thomas Jakobsen, then lurked around many forums and searched for other verlet projects and absorbed and added my own interpretations.

The physics really isn't too hard, but it took the longest time figuring out how to do constraint-particle collisions. So far I think I am the only one to do it successfully, and the irony is that it is the simplest yet most unexpected "solution"; there's still some bugs (I have the solutions in my head), but the main thing is that EVERYTHING comes down to a capsule-capsule test.
Very nice.
Not giving is not stealing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement