D3DX

Started by
6 comments, last by moonshine 19 years, 8 months ago
Does anyone know where theres a DLL version of the D3DX lib, I cant use .lib's in the language im using, but I can call functions from a dll. I need the 9.0b version. Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
As far as I know, no such thing exists. D3DX has always been statically linked.

Perhaps you could find a way to wrap the lib up into a DLL, or perhaps there are programs out there to generate a DLL from a lib...

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Thanks for replying. I do have a tool for importing libs into my language (PureBasic) but D3DX has inline functions, external symbols, and probably lots of other stuff I dont understand that it needs to function correctly. It is possible to build a DLL from it (Ive seen it done with D3DX, but the DLL is a little out of date). I dont have the knowledge to do it myself because I dont know C++ unfortunately.
Apologies, I thought I was already logged in.
Quote:Original post by moonshine
Does anyone know where theres a DLL version of the D3DX lib, I cant use .lib's in the language im using, but I can call functions from a dll. I need the 9.0b version.

Someone has wrapped the D3DX static lib in a dll for use by Delphi or Borland C++ Builder.Maybe this will be OK for you?

You can get it from http://clootie.narod.ru/cbuilder/index.html
See the link "Clootie_DX90_dlls.zip"

I think the version is 9.0b - it says "Compatible with DirectX 9.0 SDK Update (Summer 2003)."

HTH,
Cambo_frog
For the love of god, please tell me that you've just omitted your error checking code for brevity, and you don't really assume that all those functions succeed.
d3dx9d.lib is just a debug stub lib, the code is in d3dx9d.dll - maybe you could do something with that?
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info
Thanks you guys, I'm downloading the DLL now (at a startling 0.4kb per second on a 600k broadband connection) and I'll let you know if it works OK.

I do already have the d3dxd debug DLL, but I didnt really want to use it because you shouldnt really use debug dlls for final releases and it has some disadvantages over the real lib (its slower for example).

Thanks again.
Cambo_frog: I've just checked the D3DX DLL with a function examiner app I wrote - all the functions were listed so I should be able to use them - cheers!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement