• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Phex

2D Collision Detection (yet again)

This topic is 5164 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I know that there are many articles, tutorials etc. about this topic and although I researched a lot I cant get into the whole issue. If you are annoyed, just ignore this post. I am trying to perform a collision detection with moving and rotating sprites (rectangles or squares). I have the position, lenght, width and angle of every sprite. As far as am familiar with collision detection, I have to test the range of every axis projection of the rectangles. If all the axis projections overlap, the rectangles collide. Now I would like to know how I can implement this into my project because I am not quite familiar with the mathematical operations required (at least I know what a vector is). What is the best way to start and what calculations are necessary? Thank you for your help, Phex

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!