Texturemapping demos

Started by
2 comments, last by Atm97fin 19 years, 8 months ago
HEY! Here's some texture mapping demos with different filttering I've made. They are all software and done with c++. I just want to know what you think about them. Mainly I would like to know what you think about the Adaptive filtering method, which is my own design. The rest are just for comparison. The adaptive filtering lets you change the amount of filtering in runtime and it also can disable the color components. So here are the demos: RAR ZIP You can set the resolution and fullscreen mode from config.txt. There is also the keys to control the demos.
EasyGL - easy to use graphics library.
Advertisement
it is difficult to compare. i think in all 4 methods the whole quad is always a bit "flickering". but especially the adaptive filtering method you can see that the edges of the letters are flickering (see the vertical line of the letter "L")
The problem of Object Oriented Programming:Everybody tells you how to use his classes, but nobody how not to do it !
No offense, but it seems it do not work very well, espacially when you press the 'D' key - having the "square" rotating on the screen vertical axe. You then see the G letter doing very strange moves :/
Do you code a quad texture map routine or do you describe your square with 2 triangles ?

(the reason of this question is that back in my old days I remember I saw this kind of artefact in a quad texmap routine).
Quote:Original post by Emmanuel Deloget
No offense, but it seems it do not work very well, espacially when you press the 'D' key - having the "square" rotating on the screen vertical axe. You then see the G letter doing very strange moves :/
Do you code a quad texture map routine or do you describe your square with 2 triangles ?

(the reason of this question is that back in my old days I remember I saw this kind of artefact in a quad texmap routine).

It's just a property of linear texture mapping. I didn't do perspective corrected texture mapper since it doesn't really relate to texture filttering.
EasyGL - easy to use graphics library.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement