Sign in to follow this  
wrfstudios

LAST HALF OF DARKNESS - Screenshots and demo Available

Im currently working on a new game, Last Half of Darkness I need to make sure the game (using a new game engine) works on ALL systems. If interested, you may take a look a few screenshots and demo here: http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com/newlasthalf.htm I appreciate any feedback or comments regarding my new adventure. (but most importantly I need to make sure the full-screen animation sequences work ok on ALL systems - example: you should move smoothly up the stairs) Thanks Bill

I downloaded it but when i tried to run the exe file it said it was corrupt and i'd have to re-download it... i've set it going again but im not sure when i'll be able to have a play...

I think you're more likely to get people to download it and test it if you provide a zip file so we can just run it from within the zip without having to install anything... alot of people (quite understandably) don't like to install every game announced here...

On a more positive note the screenshots look really good with some nice architecture, detail and lighting and i'm quite looking forward to playing it...

Mrs Kensington: Thanks for trying - please give it another try - it should work - a bunch of people have already downloaded and played it.

Shadow12345: Nothing huh? Thats weird. Can you please give me your system specs (processor, video, ram, directx version, etc.)

aaroncox1234: Thanks for comments

Quote:

Shadow12345: Nothing huh? Thats weird. Can you please give me your system specs (processor, video, ram, directx version, etc.)

proc = p4 3.4
video = 9800 XT
ram = 1gb
directx = 9b

I downloaded the exe, ran it, a little console window popped up...and disappeared! I didn't know if it copied something somewhere, or if it was supposed to run something somewhere else...hmm, Ill try again after posting this.

EDIT:
Hey, no worries! I just cleared everything out and re-downloaded, and it works. Must've been my internet connection.

Definitely good work, I liked it!

Guest Anonymous Poster
The demo is absolutely brilliant! Excellent sounds, especially when moving to a new area... A qualm - minor really - the cursos in the main menu seems backwards to me, just a thought.

1.67 GHz, 512 RAM, 1024x768 at 60 Hz, geforce 3 ti 200

Excellent, keep it coming!

ran well on mine. great job w/ that product!

one non technical note, the cursor graphic seems a little akward to me, it seems to not be pointing at the actual x,y location you are trying to be. Nothing that really affects the game though :/

all in all, gj.

Athlon XP 2800
ATI Radeon 9800 pro
gig ram
sound blaster pro

I loaded it up, and it crashed! And then, my computer reformated it's self! And then, it burst into flames! And Demons from hell shot out of my cd-rom! And flying monkeys flew out of my ass!

Err, no, wait, it's still downloading, sorry about that. Stupid dialup.

Looks good. Only issue I had was some strange flashing pretty much every time I switched room, etc. The last frame of the old area would show up with random colored noise (though, still in pretty much the same shape as the objects). My system is a XP Barton 3000+, 1024 PC3200 and a GF4 4600. Good work!

Awesome graphics and sound effects... Reminds me of 7th guest and those types games.

Ran excellent on my machine (laptop)
Presario 2175 WinXP Pro 2.4GHz AMD 512MB DDR

Though, I guess it was just me, but on my laptop, it took about 4 mins to load. And I saw no obvious signs it was loading, so I tried to start it again... But got a directx error. So I thought it was a bust; however, a few minutes later, while I was about to post a reply, *boom*, your game starts up. Perhaps that was a scare technique.? ;)

Maybe you should add some sort of loading splash screen.

Thanks for taking a look everyone!

I will change the cursor and add a loading screen.

Very weird about the flash and odd colors - something about my game must be incompatible with your video card.

Thanks
Bill

Quote:
Original post by wrfstudios
Thanks for taking a look everyone!

I will change the cursor and add a loading screen.

Very weird about the flash and odd colors - something about my game must be incompatible with your video card.

Thanks
Bill

And you are ignoring my request for a .zip or .rar file?
Seriously, most people are only gonna try your game for a few minutes on this forum, a .zip/.rar would be a much better idea than an installer.
Think about it ;)

Why's it so hard to click Uninstall? All you have to do is drag your mouse and click it a few times, stop being lazy :-P

BTW, worked perfectly:
Win XP Home
AMD XP 1800
512 MB DDR
ATI 9800
DirectX 9.0c

Seemed to work perfectly.

AMD 2500+
Radeon 9800 pro
512 mb
xp pro sp1

Looks awesome, and I don't even really much go in for adventures.

Cursor seemed a bit backwards, graphics were head and shoulders above expectations, and only downer was that you couldn't leave the house. I mean, after seeing the chick in the dining room, leaving would have been pretty high on my list of priorities, there.

You are foolish to be here

Okay, lady, I'm out.

Hedos: No - i didnt forget about your request - probably just will wait until next version before putting up a zip

Yes - is a re-make of an older game I made over 10 years ago.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I appreciate all those who have tried out the game. Please let me know if it does not work on anyones system.

Thanks
Bill

Thanks Boder for taking a look - a few other people have mentioned this too - Im not sure why this is happening - I can only guess its something incompatible between my program an your video card.

What version of DirectX are you using?
Do you have your video card manufacturers latest video drivers?
Do you know what type/brand video card you have?
Do you know how much video memory you have?

Thanks
Bill

Sign in to follow this