LAST HALF OF DARKNESS - Screenshots and demo Available

Started by
21 comments, last by wrfstudios 19 years, 8 months ago
Could you also provide a .zip or .rar file of the game? I hate installers :/
Advertisement
I loaded it up, and it crashed! And then, my computer reformated it's self! And then, it burst into flames! And Demons from hell shot out of my cd-rom! And flying monkeys flew out of my ass!

Err, no, wait, it's still downloading, sorry about that. Stupid dialup.
Looks good. Only issue I had was some strange flashing pretty much every time I switched room, etc. The last frame of the old area would show up with random colored noise (though, still in pretty much the same shape as the objects). My system is a XP Barton 3000+, 1024 PC3200 and a GF4 4600. Good work!
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
Awesome graphics and sound effects... Reminds me of 7th guest and those types games.

Ran excellent on my machine (laptop)
Presario 2175 WinXP Pro 2.4GHz AMD 512MB DDR

Though, I guess it was just me, but on my laptop, it took about 4 mins to load. And I saw no obvious signs it was loading, so I tried to start it again... But got a directx error. So I thought it was a bust; however, a few minutes later, while I was about to post a reply, *boom*, your game starts up. Perhaps that was a scare technique.? ;)

Maybe you should add some sort of loading splash screen.
Thanks for taking a look everyone!

I will change the cursor and add a loading screen.

Very weird about the flash and odd colors - something about my game must be incompatible with your video card.

Thanks
Bill
Last Half of Darkness Developerhttp://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com
Quote:Original post by wrfstudios
Thanks for taking a look everyone!

I will change the cursor and add a loading screen.

Very weird about the flash and odd colors - something about my game must be incompatible with your video card.

Thanks
Bill

And you are ignoring my request for a .zip or .rar file?
Seriously, most people are only gonna try your game for a few minutes on this forum, a .zip/.rar would be a much better idea than an installer.
Think about it ;)
Why's it so hard to click Uninstall? All you have to do is drag your mouse and click it a few times, stop being lazy :-P

BTW, worked perfectly:
Win XP Home
AMD XP 1800
512 MB DDR
ATI 9800
DirectX 9.0c
-= Dayle Flowers =--= Senior Engine and Gameplay Programmer =-
Worked great for me.

P4 2 Ghz
512 mb ram
Radeon 9600 XT
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Hmm, Last Half Of Darkness, that sounds *really* familiar.....
Isn't that the name of an old (10 years ago-ish) shareware adventure game?

EDIT: Found it!!
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
Seemed to work perfectly.

AMD 2500+
Radeon 9800 pro
512 mb
xp pro sp1

Looks awesome, and I don't even really much go in for adventures.

Cursor seemed a bit backwards, graphics were head and shoulders above expectations, and only downer was that you couldn't leave the house. I mean, after seeing the chick in the dining room, leaving would have been pretty high on my list of priorities, there.

You are foolish to be here

Okay, lady, I'm out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement